Joint Call for International Research Proposals
We are pleased to announce the launch of the ERA-net ERA4CS Joint Call on Researching and Advancing Climate Services Development by
(A) Advanced co-development with users, (B) Institutional integration
There are two distinct and coherent topics, with two separate target groups and funding modes:
- Topic A “Advanced co-development with users” is open to all applicants from the 13 countries with participating RFOs (see Annexes for Topic A), who comply with the national eligibility criteria (see National Annexes).
- Topic B “Institutional integration” is open only to applicants from the 30 mandated RPOs (Annexes for Topic B), subject to their specific eligibility criteria (see RPO Annexes). This means it is not open to external applicants outside of these organisations.
- What are Climate Services?
- ERA4CS in the European Climate Services landscape
- Scope and objectives
- Call Topics
- Topic A- Advanced co-development with users, supported in cash by 13 national Research Funding Organisations (RFOs)
- Research in support of the development and deployment of Climate Services
- Integration and application of Climate Science for decision
- Research for co-development of advanced Climate Services
- Topic B - Institutional integration between 30 predetermined Research Performing Organisations (RPOs)
- Development of new methods and tools
- Impacts studies and models
- Localisation of climate information and evaluation of uncertainties
- Guidelines for Applicants
- Who can apply?
- Proposal requirements
- Submitting a proposal
- Responsibilities, reporting requirements and dissemination
- Evaluation Process
- Evaluation Criteria
- Expected Timeline
- Information and Contacts
- Background documents
- Annexes for Topic A
- Annexes for Topic B
BELSPO eligibility rules and criteria
Release date of the call:
Tuesday 1 March 2016
deadlines for step-one submission:
Topic A Pre-proposal: June 30th, 2016.
Topic B Full proposal: July 15th, 2016.
Applications which are selected for invitation to submit a step-two proposal
will be contacted mid-September 2016, with the following
deadline for step-two submission:
Topic A and Topic B: November 15th, 2016
BELSPO Contact Point (FCP)
Aline van der Werf
Belgian Science Policy (BELSPO)
231 avenue Louise - 1050 Brussels
Tel: +32 (0)2 238 36 71